Compliments or Concerns regarding PD Employee

The Mission of the City of Mayfield Heights Police Department is to efficiently provide the highest quality police service to the community. Each day we work to demonstrate our unwavering commitment to fair and impartial law enforcement that respects individual dignity and rights. We are committed by promoting a safe environment through a police-citizen partnership, with an emphasis on mutual trust, integrity, and professionalism.

We welcome your comments. When a member of our Department provides outstanding service, we want to hear from you. And when despite our best efforts, we fall short of our goals, we want to know that too.


We are always grateful to hear stories about the good work of the Mayfield Heights Police Department. We especially appreciate hearing those stories directly from you. 

If you want to share a nice story or just say thanks, you may fill out this online Police Appreciation Form. 

. You can also fill out a hard copy of this form available at the Police Department (6154 Mayfield Rd.) 

. You can call 440-442-2323. 

. You may directly email Chief Bittner (


When we fall short of our goals, we want to know about it so we can evaluate ourselves and our work, and improve the service we provide to the community. You have our promise that your concern will be thoroughly investigated and when necessary, corrective action taken.

To file a Citizen Concern to the Chief, you may:

. Fill out the online Citizen Concern Form

· Obtain a paper form at the Police Department (6154 Mayfield Rd.).

· File a Citizen Concern over the phone by calling 440-442-2323. 

· Email Chief Bittner directly (

Please note:

· Citizen Concerns will be sent to the Chief of Police.

· You are not required to give your name; however by providing your name, you make it more likely that we can conduct the most thorough investigation possible.

· Your Concerns will be thoroughly investigated, and if the actions in your complaint are found to be criminal, the matter will be handled exactly as it would for all citizens and it will move through the standard legal process. If the actions were improper, but not criminal, disciplinary action will be taken. If it’s found that the conduct was proper and lawful, we will want to explain that to you.

· If an investigation reveals that a false complaint was made intentionally, we will take appropriate legal action.

· If you have provided us with your contact information, you will receive a call from the Chief of Police or another Administrative Officer informing you of the outcome of the investigation.